What is GSTR-3B?
GSTR-3B is a self-declared summary return of inward and outward supplies to be filed every month
(quarterly under QRMP Scheme) by every person registered under GST. It declares summary of GST
Liabilities for a tax period.
- Separate GSTR-3B has to be filed for every GSTIN one have
- GSTR-3B cannot be revised once it is filed
- GSTR-3B should be filed compulsorily even in case of zero liability i.e. NIL Return has to be filed
What happens after GSTR-3B?
- The taxpayer is not required to pay taxes anymore.
- Business cannot be continued after the cancellation since in most of the cases it is an offense
under GST and high penalties maybe charged.
Who Should file GSTR-3B?
Every registered person is required to file GSTR-3B. However, below mentioned are some exceptions.
- Taxpayers registered under composition scheme
- Input Service Distributor
- Non- Resident Taxable Person
- Person liable to deduct tax at source
- Person liable to collect tax at source
Due Dates Of Filing GSTR-3B
- The due date was 20th of subsequent month upto December 2019
- The dates have been staggered from January 2020 onwards.
- In case Annual Turnover in PY is below 5cr. – Due date is 20th of every month
- In case Annual Turnover in PY is above 5cr. – Due date is 22nd or 24th of every month
- Under QRMP Scheme, from January 2021 onwards, due date is 22nd or 24th of every quarter, as per
State or UT of Principal Place Of Business.
Late Fee & Penalty
If Due Dates are not complied with, late fee is charged which is as follows.
- Rs. 50/day
- Rs. 20/day in case of taxpayers having NIL tax liability
Moreover, penalty is imposed if dues are not paid within the due dates. Interest @ 18% p.a. is charged on
the outstanding amount of tax.
NIL Return through SMS
GSTR-3B has to be filed compulsorily even in case of zero tax liability i.e. NIL Return has to be filed.
It can be filed via SMS using the registered Mobile Number and OTP Verification.
Modes of filing GSTR-3B
- GST Common Portal
- LEDGERS GST Software
Information to be furnished in GSTR-3B
- Details of outward and inward supplies liable to reverse charge and tax liability
- Details of Inter- State supplies made to unregistered persons, composition taxable persons and UIN
- Details of ITC
- Details of NIL, Exempt and Non-GST inward supplies
- Details of interest and late fee (if any)
- Details of TDS or TCS Credit
- Sales Invoices
- Purchase Invoices